This Page

has been moved to new address

The Danwich

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
(Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish: The Danwich

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Danwich

The Danwich vs. Brie with figs

My youngest son is a picky eater whose choices defy logic. He will eat pasta in macaroni and cheese, and he will eat pasta sauce on pizza, but he will not eat pasta with pasta sauce. This drives me crazy.

One of his favorite sandwiches, dubbed the Danwich, is peanut butter and jelly and a slice of cheese. Eww. I have refused to even make it, let alone try it, declaring that these foods do not go together.

My husband pointed out this observation: I will gladly eat Brie with marmalade and slivered almonds on a baguette, which are all comparable foods put together.

I’m not so sure about that, but I accept his argument enough to be holding a Danwich in my hand, ready to try it, while Dan holds a slice of baguette with Brie, glazed and roasted figs, and almonds.


The verdict: I can barely notice the cheese, and Dan can barely finish the Brie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home