This Page

has been moved to new address

Join a Classics Book Club

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
(Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish: Join a Classics Book Club

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Join a Classics Book Club


The Internet is consuming more and more of my time. When we leave the house for anything, my boys groan when I have to “just check Facebook,” and it inevitably becomes a delay.

So while reading classics isn’t really new for me, I notice that I don’t read nearly as much as I used to. This is true unless I count mindlessly clicking from political blogs to Facebook to entertainment blogs as reading, which I don’t.

For this challenge, I picked up Anna Karenina, which my local library’s classics book club is reading this month. I heard about it only a few days before the meeting, so I didn’t quite get through its 817 pages in time. Nevertheless, a librarian sent an encouraging email for readers to come even if they didn’t finish the book, so there I was discussing Russian literature on a Wednesday night.

I have a lot more reading to do.

If I really want to challenge myself, maybe I should give up the Internet for a week. That idea will require some serious deliberation.

Next month: Emma.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home