This Page

has been moved to new address

I’ve got one more silver dollar: Karaoke

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
(Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish: I’ve got one more silver dollar: Karaoke

Sunday, April 10, 2011

I’ve got one more silver dollar: Karaoke

#7. 101 things in 1001 days. Sing karaoke in a bar.



I selected “Midnight Rider” by the Allman Brothers Band to sing karaoke, a song I love that also seemed fitting for the setting, the Winchester Café. Nervous enough, I freaked out more when “Midnight Rambler” began to play, a great song, too, but not what I was prepared for. The karaoke man switched it to “Midnight Rider,” but it was a slower version, I think the one by Waylon Jennings. It was all good, though, a lot of fun, and the crowd was very supportive. (I cannot sing!) Group versions of “Gimme Three Steps” and “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” followed.

The most fun moment, though, was on an instrumental break during my debut when I said, “How’s everybody doing out there tonight?”

The crowd went wild.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At April 10, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Anonymous Shannon @ My Place In The Race said...

Yay! Go you! Isn't it fun? So proud of you!! :)

 
At April 10, 2011 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Travelbug said...

Way to go, you are braver then me!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Marcy said...

Thanks. I'm not brave enough to post the video though. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home