This Page

has been moved to new address

101 things in 1001 days

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
(Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish: 101 things in 1001 days

Sunday, April 3, 2011

101 things in 1001 days


I came across an idea I hadn't seen before, and it fits in perfectly with my "(Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish" challenges: Create a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. (See Day Zero.) (Updates will be posted here.)

I started yesterday with a Zumba class, so I have until December 28, 2013 to complete my list.

What do you want to complete in the next 1001 days? If you create your own list, please share it!

Here is my list so far. 
  1. Milk a cow
  2. Do 50 consecutive push-ups
  3. Say yes to everything for a whole day
  4. Shoot a gun
  5. Attend a UU church meeting
  6. Go to a roller derby
  7. Sing karaoke in a bar
  8. Take a trapeze class
  9. Make homemade pasta
  10. Document one month of my life in photographs
  11. Learn to juggle three balls
  12. Climb to the top of a tree and take a picture of the view
  13. Listen to 10 classic albums all the way through
  14. Watch all of IMDb’s Top 250 Movies
  15. Make vegan cake pops
  16. Attend a New Year’s celebration; kiss at midnight
  17. Try Zumba
  18. Go snowboarding
  19. Ride a mechanical bull
  20. Donate blood again
  21. Make eggplant lasagna
  22. Complete a spontaneous challenge. (I changed "See 10 classic movies I’ve never seen" to this since #14 includes this already.)
  23. Eat pizza at Pepe’s
  24. Comment on 50 random blogs
  25. Influence a person to make a Day Zero list
  26. Make a soufflé
  27. Memorize a favorite poem
  28. Visit a new UNESCO World Heritage Site
  29. Bake bread from scratch again
  30. Travel alone at least overnight
  31. Record a song with me playing a bodhran with my family
  32. Walk 10,000 steps a day for an average of six days a week
  33. Paint the garage doors
  34. Take an art class
  35. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter
  36. Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day
  37. Try to grow tomatoes again
  38. Don’t complain about anything for a week
  39. Go to Greece
  40. Send a secret to PostSecret
  41. Read Anna Karenina
  42. Have a Philly cheesesteak in Philly
  43. Try at least five new recipes while eating vegetarian for a week
  44. Relearn how to play “Greensleeves” on the guitar
  45. Have dinner by candlelight
  46. De-clutter my house
  47. Jump off a cliff
  48. Attend a wine tasting
  49. Try at least five savory oatmeal recipes
  50. Take a yoga class again
  51. Tour a Connecticut brewery
  52. Go strawberry picking again
  53. Eat meatless at least one day a week on average
  54. Brew my own beer
  55. Play, give away, or throw out each of the 32 board games in my basement
  56. Make cheese fondue
  57. Hike Mount Katahdin
  58. Go zorbing
  59. Make a wooden frame for the old homemade door panels my dad had made
  60. Get a pedicure
From How I Met Your Mother:

Challenge accepted ... Huzzah!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At April 3, 2011 at 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love 101 in 1001 lists! :) good luck with yours!

 
At April 5, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Anonymous Shannon @ My Place In The Race said...

Roller Derbies are so fun! I have a friend that does it and we go watch quite a bit.

I've always wanted to shoot a gun myself! Good luck! This is an awesome idea! (may have to steal it myself) :)

P.S. mechanical bull..you won't regret it! Hilariously fun!!!!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Marcy said...

Thanks Sarah and Shannon. I would love to see your list, Shannon, if you make one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home