This Page

has been moved to new address

Die, Zombie Becky!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
(Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish: Die, Zombie Becky!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Die, Zombie Becky!

As a kid, I was steeped in a broth of James Bond, with a heavy dose of Dirty Harry mixed in. I also have a weirdly defective startle impulse and routinely scream during benign situations if I am surprised. People think I’m kidding, but I really can’t control it. 


So it was with a mix of excitement and dread that I headed to the shooting range to fire a handgun for the first time. I got a safety lesson first from Jordan, a friend of my husband’s whose Baer 1911 .45 I would be firing.


The .45 is a big gun. I was scared and let out a yelp from the big kick during my first few shots. I was surprised how quickly I got used to it, though. I started by loading just one round at a time so that I wouldn’t have live ammunition in the gun during the kick.


Once I settled in, I fired three rounds in succession, since that is a better method for shooting at zombies.


I stayed alert and cautious throughout our session. A man a few lanes away was firing a cannon that I felt through my feet every time he shot. It’s hard to relax around that, but I did get more comfortable.


The three of us only fired about 50 rounds, to the surprise of the man at the desk. Once I finished, I was itching to get out of there quickly, feeling like I didn’t want to press my luck.



I took care of Zombie Becky, but Zombie Roxie may be coming for me in my nightmares tonight.

#4. 101 things in 1001 days. Shoot a gun.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 22, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Anonymous Ran said...

The video is great, but a shot in the chest of a zombie isn't gonna get the job done. It's gotta be a head-shot!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Anonymous Shannon @ My Place In The Race said...

AWESOME! How exciting! I can't wait to go to the range for the first time myself :) Love the video!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home